We are delighted to be able to offer a lunch pre-ordering service on-board. Our friends at the Ballindalloch Castle Tearoom make up all of our lunches to order, ready for collection by your WOW guide, who will distribute them after your tasting session at Cragganmore. Lunch offers great value at £7 per person and includes a sandwich, crisps, packet of Scottish biscuits and soft drink.
The sandwich fillings (available on white sourdough or wholemeal bread) on offer are as follows;
- Lockerbie mature cheddar cheese and chutney (Vegetarian)
- Ayrshire ham and wholegrain mustard
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Tuna, cucumber, red onion and mayonnaise
- Roast beef and horseradish
- Almond nut butter, beetroot and grated carrot with a homemade tahini dressing (Vegan option, sunflower margarine used)
Your choice of drinks is as follows;
- Still water
- Coca Cola
- Diet Coke
- San Pellegrino orange
- If you are gluten free we can offer a gluten-free multi-seed bread sandwich (all fillings are gluten free), crisps, Millionaire’s Shortbread biscuit and a soft drink
- If you are vegan we have a vegan sandwich (shown above), soft drink, crisps and gluten-free Millionaire’s Shortbread biscuits
- If you do have any allergies please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate these – if allergies are severe then we would recommend bringing your own food as, although sandwiches can be prepared separately, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross-contamination
- All sandwiches have allergens shown on the packaging.
You may be interested to know that…
- Our friends at the The Ballindalloch Castle Tearoom make our lunches to order so that they are as fresh as possible.
- The tearoom uses locally-sourced Scottish produce as much as possible, with suppliers including:
- McIntosh Butcher of Dufftown (supply ham and roast beef)
- John Ross Ltd of Inverurie (supply salmon)
- Walkers of Aberlour (biscuits)
- Rizza’s of Huntly (gluten-free biscuits)
- Deeside Water of Ballater (bottled water)
- Our sandwiches are packaged in fully recyclable cardboard boxes, and lunches are supplied in recyclable paper bags. All other packaging materials are recyclable wherever possible. After lunch your driver guide will collect all waste, and will sort and recycle it at the end of the tour.
- All money paid for lunches goes directly to this wonderful little tearoom.