If you are a fan of the hit BBC TV series Monarch of the Glen then this is the tour for you! We visit many of the locations where the show was filmed, including the Glenbogle estate, and many of the villages which were featured, including Laggan, Carrbridge, Newtonmore, Kincraig and Kingussie. We speak to the locals who share with us their experience of living in ‘Glenbogle’ as well as their experiences of being extras in the TV series and their day-to-day dealings with the cast as they went about their everyday life.
See where the Highland games where held, where the Glenbogle Shop was, where the kids went to school at Glenbogle Primary School, Catriona’s cottage, Pattack Falls (where they filmed fishing scenes) and lots of other great places – not forgetting a great view of Glenbogle House (Ardverikie Lodge) and Glenbogle Station. And of course, no trip to Glenbogle would be complete without a visit to the Ghillies Rest for a well-earned drink!
Price for a full day tour (8 hours) [table “1” not found /]
- This is a private tour for up to 8 people
- For groups of 9 or more please contact us for pricing and availability
- Pick-up and drop-off is available from accommodation in Inverness
- We can also pick up from the train at Newtonmore or Kingussie (or selected stations in the Speyside region)
- The tour duration is 8 – 9 hours
- We recommend a 9.30am start in the summer months, but are happy to accommodate your requests for an earlier or later departure time
- Entrance fees and lunch are not included in the tour price
- This tour is available year-round but some attractions are only open in the summer; outwith these times alternatives will be offered